Total Experts Registered
Design and Engineering
Who makes a good Expert?
- Mentors: Anyone who wants to serve as a mentor to a team.
- Subject Matter Expert: Anyone who is willing to share their knowledge.
- Critical Reviewer: Teams want unfiltered/critical feedback. If you got it, we want you to share it.
- Local Government Officials: Community projects often require approval or permission. Also, local government representatives bring experience to pursuing projects that benefit the community.
- Community Organizers: It takes one to know one. Community organizers often know the avenues to get things done.
How It Works
Commit to giving your knowledge, and sign up to join our community roster of Experts.
Throughout the year, the 24HCP recruits ideas to participate in an annual pitch event. Once those ideas are selected, we’ll choose the Experts that can help the ideas along.
Before or during the 24HCP event, we will pair you with a Citizen Team if they need your help.
Expert Sign Up
Before The Event
What is an Expert?
We admit… The term “expert” may leave some people feeling left out. The truth is that the “expert” can be anyone who feels that they can contribute, even in a small way. Every community project needs advice and guidance. Whether it be an attorney providing legal advice, a local government official, a designer on aesthetics, a handyman on how to build something, or just someone to give you critical feedback. Be a resource to the citizens who may (or may not) need you depending on what you know, and how you can help. You can do this by being available to the citizen teams before and during the event.
Participating is easy:
- Tell us how you can contribute by signing up
- We’ll add you to our Expert Roster.
- We’ll assign you to a team if your expertise is needed (before or during the event)
Why are Experts needed?
I'm ready to get started... how do I sign up?
Once I sign up as an Expert, what happens next?
Do I prepare for meetings with the Citizen Teams?
During The Event
What happens on Friday night?
- 5:00PM – Citizen Team Meeting/Review of Registration Packet (Citizen Teams only)
- 6:00PM – Experts arrive. Social begins. Refreshments served.
- 6:45PM – Expert/Citizen Team meetings begin
- 9:30PM – Last expert meeting ends. Teams can continue to work on as needed basis.