total Backers funding projects
dollars in private funds towards public projects
Who makes a good Backer?
- Business: Any business who cares about their community and wants to see citizens change their public spaces. We also provide exposure to Backers before and during the event.
- A Crowd: Sometimes friends or organizations pool funds together for a good cause. Participating in the 24HCP gives everyone “buy in” on what team they want funded!
- Philanthropist: You don’t need to be a business or an organizations necessarily. Perhaps just a citizen who wants to give in a fun way.
- Birthday Gift: Everyone has at least one birthday per year. In lieu of gifts and a celebratory dinner, use those funds to participate in the 24HCP. Heck, invite your friends to participate (and celebrate) with you during the 24HCP!
- Anyone: We really don’t need to put a label on who likes to give back to their community. Afterall, it’s a shared space that we all enjoy.
How It Works
Backer Sign Up
By completing this form, you are confirming your availability to participate during the 24 Hour Citizen Project event at the Omni Center (Downtown Lafayette) on Saturday, November 9th from 430PM – 9PM. Additionally, please read the ‘Backer FAQs’ below to ensure you are familiar with details and expectations of the event.
Before The Event
What is a Backer?
Backers are like investors, but are contributing to their community instead of a business. Backers will hear teams of citizens pitch ideas to be evaluated, judged and funded by you! Be prepared to be faced with the difficult decision of deciding which projects are worthy of funding. We’ll keep you informed of the ideas leading up to the event, so that you know what to expect. Contributions to projects will be tax deductible unless otherwise noted.
Why are Backers needed?
I'm ready to get started... how do I sign up?
Once I sign up as an Backer, what happens next?
How do I prepare for the event?
During The Event
What happens on Friday night?
- 6:00PM – Experts arrive. Social begins. Refreshments served.
- 6:45PM – Expert/Citizen Team meetings begin
- 9:30PM – Last expert meeting ends. Teams can continue to work on as needed basis.
What happens on Saturday evening?
- 4:30PM – Private Backer Meeting.
- 5:00PM – Backer and Team Mingle (Note: Teams will have a private meeting with Backers one hour before the start of the event. This is an opportunity to sell the project to the Backers before your final pitch)
- 6:00PM – Doors open to public; Audience visits with Citizen Teams
- 7:15PM – Pitches begin (3 minutes / team)
- 8:15PM – Backer huddle meeting (Backers decide winners)
- 8:30PM – End of Backer huddle. Backers announce winners.
- 9:00PM – Event ends. Party continues.
During the final pitch event, each Team Leader will be given 3 minutes on stage to pitch their project showing visuals on the projection. Following the pitch, the Backers will have a couple minutes for Q&A.